Monday, July 20, 2009

Episodes in the Smoke-Filled Coffee Shop

I met the Old Man Today.

Hi.

I am tired of being crazy.

Well, what do you want to do about it?

I don't know. What is there to do?

You could settle.
You could give up.
Or you could live in between, and keep talking.

Do the words stop on either side of the between?

I'm not sure. I never had any words, and I wasn't in the between too long.

Why do I want the not-between if it means the end of the words?

Why do you want anything? You know it is pointless to begin with, but it hasn't stopped you. You still saunter in here to irritate me, don't you? You still go out with those idiot friends of yours. You still try. Maybe you are a coward. Or, maybe you want to try so bad you are afraid to.

Maybe. Why do I talk to you, anyway? Your a stupid old man who sits in a coffee shop all day.

With that, he went back to his crossword puzzle. With that, I went for a walk.

No comments: