Monday, November 17, 2008

Perhaps, it occurred to me, I was in some new space. I'd entered the place where oblivion was born. Or despair. And also understanding. Or perhaps even love--not as a mirage but as a space for the soul to move in. -Ivan Klima


I am in a new space. Well, I might have always been here. Regardless, I am aware of a new space--or trying to be. This is the where oblivion was born. This is the primordial lack--the deficiency on which I operate--the one that keeps me moving back and forward, keeping me always in between the behind and the ahead. I don't have a foundation to be-from. I don't have a future to be-toward. Thus, the abyss can lead one to think that this space is also home to despair.

But, for some, it is the opposite--it is the place where love is born--where love resides--where love is situated.

What's the lesson?

Love is movement. Love is flux. Love is longing. Love moves--always moves--between an oblivion and the threat of despair. Love is the possibility for hope despite the oblivion, and in the face of despair.

No comments: