Sunday, November 09, 2008

But who, sometimes, doesn't feign emotions in an effort to transcend the void that suddenly looms between them and someone they believed themselves to be on intimate terms with? It looks as if it's only possible to be genuine in a game in which you have more than one life. Or rather it is easier to achieve justice and authenticity in a game than in real life. --Ivan Klima

Feigning emotions? Why? in order to transcend one's self? In order to move past the void--to forget about it long enough to have an erotic experience with an-other? I hate feigning emotions. I hate pretending in order to transcend me. And, I despise the void.

The void follows me--haunts me--at every step; every breath. I live from it, in it, and through it, yet it dominates me in a way that is oppressively inescapable. I want nothing more than to escape it--fulfill it--remedy it--but I am afraid time won't allow that to happen.

In the meantime, I'll hope, pray, and want--nothing more and nothing less.

No comments: