Monday, October 27, 2008

Incoherent Words

No words?

Where have they gone?

Have they really left me? Or, have I concealed them--hidden them--run from them in a way that makes their absence conspicuously intentional?

Time itself--the Transcendent--calls--let them have you. Lay down on the stone tablet to be broken into fragments--trajectories of desire--and let the words shard all over the page. Time calls and demands the words. Time calls in place of the Word, demanding speech--demanding an attempt--a try at it all.

___

I saw you today--in trying and trying some more. I saw you today and wished you all the best. I saw you today and hoped you could smile despite Time's call. I saw you today and you hurt me. But, I don't blame you. I don't think it was your fault. No, I blame time. But, here I am, answering its call. Here I am, possessed by the words. I saw you today--what should I do about it?

___

Words, words, words. Break me open and let it loose--let them loose--let them free.

No comments: